Friday, December 21, 2012

Frohliche Weinachten!

After our two day stay in Nuremberg we returned to Munich for MORE snow, MORE markets, and MORE of beautiful Bavaria! 
When in Munich...eat Thai food!  Okay, guess that's not quite right but I'm pretty sure we had Thai meals at least 3 times during our 5 day visit!  It's just not easy to come by in Sicily and it sounded so warm and comforting during our chilly snow-filled ventures. 
Lebkuchen! (a.k.a. Gingerbread)  The kids opted for gummy bears again, so I got this delectable holiday cookie all to myself! 

The wintery view from our hotel in downtown Munich. 
Okay, we didn't just eat Thai food in Germany.  We met the Smiley's at this brewery just off the Marienplatz in Munich.  (Thanks Rick Steeves!)  I had a beef and dumping stew with holiday spices.


Too much!

When we got home, Elise wrote in her journal "I had lunch with my best friend Tatum today!"

More kinder punch! 


Marienplatz by night.

No comments:

Post a Comment