Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Milestones of Childhood

While I was getting dinner ready tonight we heard the kids screeching on the porch outside.  It was hard to tell if they were squeals of pain or of glee, so Josh went to check out the situation.  Elise and Caleb were tangled up on their bikes, but shouting for joy because Lucas was pedaling his tricycle for the first time by himself.  (just what I need - a new 'stunt' for my danger boy!)  Well, as you can imagine, Lucas was quite proud of himself.  That boy has even perfected  the "Ben" look (the quirky little semi-bashful smile that my brother Ben always got when he was proud of himself for something) for all his little accomplishments.


In other exciting news, Elise came home pleased as could be that she'd learned how to play Red Rover in PE class today.  She lined us all up after dinner and taught us how to play.  Reminds me of a few gym stars I know and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment