Monday, September 3, 2012

Winds of change...

A cool breeze, a thunder storm...is autumn really here already?  I guess the weather tonight is kind of fitting to my mood.  It's both refreshing and daunting at the same time.  A good metaphor for my emotional state as I sit here on the last day of "summer." This day hasn't meant much to me these last 5 years and yet once again I'm here with nervous butterflies and tears welling up...this time for my sweet little Elise being so grown up.  Of course it didn't help that when I asked her tonight what she was thinking about school or if she was worried about anything she answered "I'm worried that I'll miss you too much."  WELL...I couldn't have said it better myself.

So...ready or not...kindergarten begins tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment