Friday, January 17, 2014

A few of my favorite things...

I've been thinking a lot lately about how much I want to be present and content in these whirlwind days with my four little sidekicks.  I can get so caught up in my endless list of "to-dos" - even just the necessities like laundry, cooking, and the occasional mopping of floors could keep me busy all day - that I sometimes look right past these beautiful gifts that I have been given to raise and train and love.  Today, a few simple things brought me such joy, I just had to write them down...

...the sound of the boys playing Legos (for over an hour...I repeat...over an hour!) and talking back and forth in deep "macho" voices about all kinds of tough guy things.

...the moment when we bring a new batch of library books home and the kids can hardly wait to dive in.  They'll plop down at the nearest available free piece of floor (I usually try to coax them in by the sofa and fireplace) and read and look through the pictures and pass the books around for ages.  They usually protest even coming to dinner that day

...a singalong time with Eden and Lucas, when Lucas looks up with big eyes and asks me to sing about Harold the Angel. (by which he meant, Hark the Herald Angels Sing)


No comments:

Post a Comment