Thursday, January 10, 2013

The new year.

Each change of the calendar year brings with it a variety of expected and unexpected changes.  Some of these are joyful...and others are...well, not so joyful.  For us, 2013 seems to have more than its fair share of changes already on the horizon.  Here are a few that I've found myself mulling over a lot recently:

*  The welcoming of our 4th child
*  An international move with said newborn and our 3 "big guys"
*  A transition to civilian life
*  A new (temporary) home and community to belong to
*  A return to student life as Josh plans to finish his Masters at Duke Divinity School beginning this August

Hmmm...seems like a lot to get my head around these days - although I don't find myself feeling overly stressed about these changes most of the time.  I guess because for the most part I like to ignore them and pretend the majority of them aren't happening.  (with the exception of welcoming our new baby girl in May, of course)  Between the U.S. Navy and the obvious work of the Holy Spirit in my life, I suppose I've learned a little about what I can and can't control and what I should and shouldn't fret about - that helps a bit too!  So...2013...ready or not...here we go!


No comments:

Post a Comment