Thursday, August 2, 2012

A day...

I gotta say, today got off to a rough start...I myself was feeling lonely, discouraged, and a bit down...the kids couldn't even look at each other without someone getting upset and by 9 a.m. I felt like I was already maxed out from putting out sibling fires.  My hopes of having the kids play quietly while I emptied the dishwasher and folded a load of laundry had faded and I needed to "save the day" before we all fell apart completely.  Deep breath...reset...what can we do that will stop the fighting and yelling and get everyone out of their morning funk...  A new game idea, an "action game" - let's roll a dice and do some sort of movement for the number on the dice (5 jumping jacks, 3 sit-ups, etc...)  Okay, things were starting to look better...there was laughter replacing the screeching.  Next up, "freeze dance" - Lucas could not stop laughing - or dancing - and everyone was feeling a bit lighter.  Now, we're feeling silly, but let's read a book before things get "too silly" - Since I've got the start of kindergarden on my mind we chose a counting book and a book about the human skeleton.  The kids were super engaged and it actually felt like we were enjoying being together... Deep breath...now it's lunch time, followed by nap time...I think we're going to make it...after nap time we have a play date for the kids and a cooking time for mom (more on that later...)

No comments:

Post a Comment